Today, in addition to painting the kitchen trim (we do it every thirty years, whether it needs it or not), I started refining the portrait.
1. I lightened the background to make the hat stand out.
2. I thinly glazed the shirt with ultramarine blue; may add one more layer.
3. I widened the left arm even though it was technically correct, the blouson covering part of it; even so, it seemed too thin; still not right so may reclaim some of the shirt.
4. I glazed the sunlit skin with a thin mixture of transparent yellow and alizarin crimson.
5. Decided on a title: think it will be either "So Like her Mother" or "Back at You."
Feel free to cast a vote. I'm open to new ideas too.